[3830] 432FallSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 432FallSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 20:11:01 +0000
                    432 MHz Fall Sprint - 2019

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Total:  QSOs = 31  Mults = 13  Tot Dist(km) = 1212  Total Score = 403

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

Due to a lack of local chatter about activity, I *almost* didn't get on for this
432 MHz Sprint but, starting at about 20 minutes before 7pm, I managed to get
the omni loop on the roof rack of the Corolla, toted my LiFePO batt and FT-991
out to the Corolla to complete its transformation into the CoROVERolla with
first contacts from the driveway at 7 and 8 minutes after the start.

I headed toward the local grid corner (EN51xx/52xa/51ax/61aa), arriving in
EN51xx just after the bottom of the hour with a small crowd of 5 stations worked
in about two minutes (two of them being 'repeats' from the driveway).
>From there, I went back north into EN52xa to catch two of the 'new' stations
that I'd caught from EN51. A pass through EN62aa caught three stations from
there (more repeats) on my way to EN61ax.

I entered EN61ax just before the top of the hour and totaled up 8 Qs from there,
many of them as I was still moving and several were repeats. When I got to my
stopping point in EN61ax, a CQ yielded a call from Dan, N0URW, in EN41go, my
best DX of the evening at just under 300 km; thanks to Dan for doing the 'heavy
lifting' to copy my 50 Watts to my omni antenna at that distance.

A trip back through EN62aa let me pick up a couple more repeats of local
stations as I went back closer to the intersection of 42N lat and 88W lon. A new
station that popped in FM enabled completion of 4 Qs with in quick succession
from each of the grids as I made a quick ride through the residential area
surrounding the grid corner convergence. Final stops in EN52xa and EN51xx
allowed me to complete contacts from all 4 grids with two more stations.

Except for one QSO on CW and the four on FM, all QSOs were on sideband.

Given my diminished expectations, working 7 different calls from all four of the
grids I visited was a pleasant surprise, plus 2 Qs with an 8th call and the QSO
with N0URW, totaled up to 31 Qs.

While I provided the EN51 multiplier to several stations, I didn't work it
myself (maybe I should have given W9ZIH a call on the landline?) but I did work
EN52, EN61 and EN62 from all of my stops and EN41 makes 13 total mults.

Thanks to all who were on and participated in this Sprint. Thanks also Bruce,
NT4RT, for his management and to the Southeast VHF Society for their continued
sponsorship of the Fall Sprint series.