[3830] IlQP AD4EB Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad4eb@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] IlQP AD4EB Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 18:48:49 +0000
                    Illinois QSO Party - 2019

Call: AD4EB
Operator(s): AD4EB
Station: AD4EB

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:    260
   40:    492
   20:    120
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
------------------------
Total:    872       0  Mults = 85  Total Score = 148,240

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

This was the 5th time Melody and I operated mobile in the ILQP.  We traveled
thru 23 counties, starting in Champaign and working our way down to Pope County.
 Melody did a great job driving, keeping us right on schedule and even a little
bit ahead at the end.  The weather was very cooperative, it was a nice day in
Illinois.

Our score was a bit lower than last year, down by about 60 QSOs and 1
multipliers.  I swapped out the 20m to 80m antenna early, at 2100z (4 pm local),
because rates on 20m dropped even though the band still seemed quite open.  That
turned out to be good move because there was already considerable activity on
80m.

Hourly rates were: 96,89,98,94,98,117,134,146.  As always, this contest gets
much more exciting as the day progresses.

The most worked stations were:

OM2VL (31)
KQ3F (29)
KV8Q (28)
K3IE (25)
N4ARO (22)
KE0L (18)
W8TM (18)
WA3HAE (18)
K3WJV (17)
W8PI (17)

And the DX stations were:

OM2VL (31)
DL8USA (3)
CO2UE (1)
DK2OY (1)
K9FD (1)  (HI)

Way to go OM2VL Laci! I have never been in a state QSO party when a DX station
ends up with my most contacts.  Laci typically is one of the first people worked
when entering a new county.  But what was different this year is how powerful
his signal was, easily breaking thru many of the big pileups. Even worked him 5
times on 80m.  Great job to both KQ3F Joe and KV8Q Tom, they often found me at
the exact same time.  Also hats off to 2 of my fellow TCGers, K3IE Hunter and
N4ARO Dick.  I found it easy to pick out Hunter's "IE", and Dick
always calls a tiny bit off freq, but just right for my ears.

This was the second contest where I used APRS, NO5W Chuck encouraged me to do it
first in this year's TXQP. On my QRZ.com page I have our estimated county line
crossing times, and a link to APRS.fi which dynamically displays our position,
planned route, and county lines.  I am sure it was helpful to those who used
it.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to work us, and to the ILQP folks that
make this contest happen.  And thanks again to Melody for expertly driving and
navigating our 4th QSO party this year (FL, TN, TX, and IL).  She wants to thank
those operators that have expressed appreciation for her efforts in their QSLs
and other notes.

73 - Jim (AD4EB) and Melody (KI4HVY)