[3830] JARTS KG4IGC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] JARTS KG4IGC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 13:15:19 +0000
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 16:04

   80:    6     5
   40:   91    29
   20:  166    58
   15:   11     9
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  274   101  Total Score = 67,771

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Band conditions were pretty decent this year on both 20 and 40 meters. Friday
night was a little tough, spent most of my time on 40 meters working EU and
North American stations. Heard JA's but no luck working them. Band conditions on
80 were non-existant both nights, with only a handful of stateside Q's that were
hard to work.  Saturday was the best day for me, worked EU,  NA, VK and a weak
JA on 40 before the band went South. I spent a lot of time on 20 meters both
Saturday and Sunday as the band conditions was all over the place. Had a nice
opening to Africa around 1700, best Q was with 9G2HO in Ghana, zone 35. I worked
quite a bit of EU and also lot of mid-west US stations. Had some good openings
to upper EU toward Norway and Finland was able to work several Asiatic Russian
stations. Good conditions to South America and the Caribbean as well. 40 was in
fair shape Saturday night until around 10 PM, worked mostly stateside and a few
EU mixed in. Sunday was about the same on 20, Started out on 40  meters in the
morning but the band went downhill quickly so I went back to 20 and worked EU
most of the day. 15 opened slightly and was able to work one or two EU stations,
KH6ZM in Hawaii and a few West coast stations. Nothing on 10 meters all weekend.
Spent most of the contest running head to head with Swamp Foxer K7OM who I
worked on two bands and I also worked fellow Swamp Fox WB4HRL in upstate SC I
think on 40 meters. This is one of my favorite RTTY contests, the exchange is
your age. I was quite surprised to see that there were very few ops under the
age of 50, I think that I only worked two or three "youngun's" the
youngest was YT2AAA at age 34. Many thanks to all who worked me, already looking
forward to next years contest.

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
PWR: 100
ANTS: 272\' Horizontal Loop, 20/40 Super Loops x2, NA4RR Hex Beam