[3830] CQWW SSB W6RW SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6rw@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W6RW SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 00:22:38 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: W6RW
Operator(s): W6RW
Station: W6RW

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Yuma AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:    4     4        2
   80:   38    15       27
   40:  139    27       62
   20:  269    28       79
   15:  106    18       53
   10:   44     9       17
------------------------------
Total:  600   101      240  Total Score = 529,573

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I came real close to not being able to do this contest. I started to crank the
tower up on Thursday evening and the motor went up in smoke. My "new"
tower is used and Hector XE2K told me that I should probably buy a new motor but
I said  "Hey....it works....if it ain't broke....don't fix it!). I have
learned over the years that Hector is usually correct on things like this.
Hector is in Texas so I felt stuck. Then Bruce N7TY came to my rescue! We spend
all day Friday looking for a new motor in Yuma and found one. Bruce installed it
and it works great. We finished the motor installation an hour before the
contest started. THANK YOU BRUCE!!! I missed the 40 meter JA runs because I was
tired and I really do not like to run JAs on phone (GIVE ME CW AND WATCH ME GO).

This weekend was a shakedown on the new antenna system and I did mostly S&P
with some JA running on 20 meters.

The conditions were terrible but as always I had a great time.

Now I am ready for SWEEPSTAKES!

GO ARIZONA OUTLAWS!!!!