[3830] CQWW SSB K4XL SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, grimm@sbc.edu
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K4XL SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 00:35:06 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: K4XL
Operator(s): K4XL
Station: K4XL

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: VIRGINIA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   21     9       16
   80:  126    11       53
   40:  145    20       67
   20:  264    22       86
   15:  261    18       81
   10:   55     7       16
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My goal for this contest was 300 Qs and that proved to be way too easy.  The
bands were in very good condition for this time in the sunspot cycle.  Ten
meters was hopping with strong sigs mostly from Africa, Central and South
America.  Lots of Brazilians and to make that part of the world interesting PY0F
showed up on several bands.  Fifteen was particularly good with sigs from all
parts of the world. The signals on 20 were shoulder to shoulder with lots
shoving in between the shoulders!   Forty is usually my favorite band, but was
not as productive as usual.  There were lots of very strong sigs on 80 meters
from Europe as well as the usual rock crushers from the Caribbean.  160 was a
little bit disappointing as sigs were not particularly strong and not that
plentiful.  Probably because 80 was so good.
All but maybe 10 or 15 of my Qs were made by S/P.  I didn't even try running
until late on Sunday and that proved to be nonproductive!  My goal kept moving
upward and missed my final goal of 900 when I ran out of time.  I regret not
keeping BIC time up a little more.  Maybe next time.
What a great weekend of contesting!