[3830] CQWW SSB NR4O SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nr4o@att.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NR4O SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 02:03:46 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): NR4O
Station: NR4O

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: NC - FM05
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:   16     5        9
   80:   91    12       52
   40:   83    18       46
   20:  128    16       57
   15:   99    16       48
   10:    6     4        5
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Only a part-tie effort this time with grandchildren visiting this weekend.
Surprisingly, the logging program says I had 20 hours on.  But, there were 5
hours when I when i was sneaking a few QSO's while watching a 2 year old.  It
was an all S&P effort.  Friday evening was pretty rough going on 40M with
80M just a bit better, but way off from what's typical from my station.  Found a
couple handfuls of stations on 160M though, with a few Caribbean stations and
some surprisingly strong Canadians.  Heard a couple Europeans way down just
barely above the noise.  Not workable with my Inv-L.  Saturday morning started
OK until I discovered RF feedback on my headset microphone only on 20M at power
levels above 500W.  That really squashed any chance of running on 20M.  Good
news was that the computer DVK was not affected.  I adjusted my recordings and
macros that allowed for fairly effective S&P operations.  I was off the air
all afternoon Saturday.  Got few hours on 40, 80 and 160M after local sunset
with 40 and 80 better than Friday.  160M wasn't very good and hearing mostly the
same stations as Friday evening.  Sunday morning was much better and 15M was
surprisingly good working VP6R and some African stations in zone 35 and 36.
Landed just 6 Q's on 10M even though there were many more spots that I couldn't
hear. I had to pull the plug for family stuff at 18Z with 15M and 20M still
going strong.  I was unable to establish any real runs which is all too typical
with simple wires and conditions as they are.  I'm just not loud enough to EU to
hold a frequency in an SSB DX contest. Got surprised by my new RF feedback
problem that I need to figure out.

73,
Eric - NR4O