[3830] CQWW SSB WZ1V SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wz1v@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WZ1V SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 12:16:05 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 18:46

  160:
   80:   55    16       39
   40:   44    15       38
   20:  103    20       60
   15:   78    15       55
   10:   12     6       11
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I've been operating VHF contests for many years,
but this is my first real splash into HF contesting.
Having only NVIS height wire antennas up proved
challenging. Search and pounce was the only way.
Very difficult to squeak into the pileups for sure.
Need better antennas on at least a few bands to
be able to run Q's so that's on the to do list.
Enjoyed working the DX and renewing old acquaintances.
Thanks for the Q's !
-73 Ron WZ1V

Equipment: Yaesu FT-991A, ACOM 1000.
Antennas: 80/40 trap half sloper @ 22 ft,
20/15 trap half sloper @ 36 ft, fed from
side of 66 ft tower. 10M Moxon at 20 ft.