[3830] CQWW SSB W1HS M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W1HS M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 13:12:12 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: W1HS
Operator(s): W1HS KC1GDW
Station: W1HS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 21.9

  160:    4     2        2
   80:   50     9       25
   40:   95    19       46
   20:  275    17       81
   15:  205    14       61
   10:   12     6        8
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I normally operate CQ WW contests SO. This year my second harmonic, KC1GDW was
home so we operated multi 2.  He was only able to participate Friday night, when
conditions were, well, less than optimal for anything, let alone trying to
operate two stations. Poor conditions gave us some time to make some last minute
adjustments and get everything operating properly.  We wound up throwing in the
towel and going to bed early Friday. Would have been in fine shape for multi op
Saturday and Sunday when 15m was open all day.

Conditions improved considerably Saturday and Sunday.  15m conditions were solid
and it was a very productive band for us.  10m never really opened up for me.
This was entirely a S&P operation, tried running a few times over the
weekend, but no one came to the party.

With the objective of being able to operate multi op high power I did a lot of
station optimization and improvement over the past year. I improved station
grounding and filtering and upgraded the primary station (Icom 7610) to KPA1500
and moved KPA500 to the secondary station (Icom 7300). The extra power, and
other improvements definitely paid off yielding my best showing in CQ WW SSB.

Had a nice surprise working six JA stations in a row on 20m right around 2300
UTC Sunday for an enjoyable rally to the finish line.  Had a great time, and
overall I'm very happy with how station performed and results this year.