[3830] CQWW SSB AB4B SO(A)SB80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB AB4B SO(A)SB80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 13:15:29 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: AB4B
Operator(s): AB4B
Station: AB4B

Class: SO(A)SB80 HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 18.0

  160:
   80:  265    25       96
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

WOW.....solar winds and storms ain't a good combo for contesting any weekend.

However one just had to persevere and overcome eh? Friday night was chopped up
by disconnecting and connecting most of the evening till EU sunrise dodging
T-storms and heavy rain which created hIgh QRN levels at times. Didn't give up
though just keep peck'n away till my sunrise. Saturday storms not an issue nor
QRN most of the time. Thought I could run some but every time I attempted I was
stumped. SO this effort is all S&P unfortunately. Had fun running up the
country count which I think kept me in the chair. Conditions, well what can I
say. From the " Heart of Dixie " were challenging to say the least.
Listening to the NE Big Guns struggle at times was my best indicator of
propagation. Northern EU was non existent both Fri and Sat nights here however
at the end of the contest I could hear some Scandinavia sigs but nothing in the
log. Lots of countries left on the table due to conditions unfortunately .

Just like any sport " We'll get um next year " eh?

Thanks to those who pulled me out of the muck and put me in their log.

See all in the CW event in a month..in hopes of no solar activity and storms.
  Tim , AB4b   Toonersville,AL   ROLL TIDE