[3830] CQWW SSB ZM4T M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB ZM4T M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 23:07:11 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: ZM4T
Operator(s): OK1MV ZL1HAZ ZL1SAM ZL2EM ZL4YL ZL3IO
Station: ZM4T

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Kiwi-DX-Lodge
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:
   80:  338    27       54
   40:  889    31       98
   20:  485    31       89
   15:  591    17       33
   10:   33     6        5
------------------------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Another Youth Contest Team Participation from ZM4T in a big contest. Most
operators would still fall under the Rookie category with some doing their first
real contest ever. All of them managed to keep a steady flow of calls into the
log within no time. From a training/learning perspective it was probably an
advantage to not have massive pile ups.
While conditions where a challenge we still had some positive surprise from
10/15 m. Unfortunately not to the extend as report from the Caribbean or South
America but with 10,000 km water around us before we see the first radio
population there is limited possibility of a 2-3 hop opening. On 10m we got 1 x
JA, 1 x XE, 2 x VK, 2 x ZL and the rest was USA (from West coast into Texas).
Next to contesting we could make good use of the youngster being around by
progressing with some antenna work. A storm had caused the collapse and
collateral damage of our 160 m vertical (crank up tower) two weeks ago and the
leftovers had to be removed. At the same time we could erect a new tower which
will get beams dedicated the direction  South America/Europe long path. Due to
endless maintenance hassle with rotators in our windy environment we plan a
change to fixed beams for certain directions.
Especially Marek - OK1MV was off great help since he did all the tower climbing.
We hope all had fun and will come back again.
Thanks for all the contacts.

73 Holger - ZL3IO and host of ZM4T

Radio's: FLEX-6600 + RF2K, K3 + KPA500
80 m: 4 square