[3830] CQWW SSB LX7I M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB LX7I M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 13:07:02 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: LX7I
Operator(s): 9A1UN 9A2NA 9A5CW 9A7DX LX2A YO9GZU YO9WF
Station: LX7I

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JN29xv
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  243    14       72
   80:  914    21       96
   40: 2098    33      135
   20: 2313    35      146
   15: 1220    32      142
   10:  135    15       76
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Once more we went to LX7I for the contest of the year. 9A1P station still
waiting to get the land to start the reconstruction. As some of our members were
not able to come with us we called our good YO friends to join us. Tibi and
Ionut thanks for the great weekend and friendship we share.
We really didnt have any high expectations since its hard to be competitive
whitout and inband station those days in M/S. Anyhow contest started with
terrible condx, almost all qsos first night were singlepointers. 40m closed to
US and 80m in a very bad shape.
Early in the morning we were like 10th on the livescore table. In the late
afternoon finnaly some condx appeared on 20m and we were able to RUN finnaly.
Second night was excelent with more than 800 USA stations in the log on 40M.
Until the morning we moved across the livescore table one by one until 2nd
place. In the afternoon even 15m opened to US giveing us a nice 230qso/h and
another 200+ right after. We moved to 1st place and even gained some margin.
Unfortuntaly absorption was that high both days that everything that was
north of the HZ,VU,HS,DU line was unhearable for us. Imagine not a single JA,BY
on 15m! The same situation was in the evenings on the western side with
caribbean cut off on 10m. It was painfull hearing their pileups from guys 300 or
more km to the south of us and not a single bip in LX. This resulted in a lack
of workable multiplayers that hit us badly. Even we have a top number of QSO
points lack of those 40-50 mults killed the score.
Congrats to our mates at LZ5R,IR4M,OM7M and others for the great and honourable
battle on the livescores. IR4X & TM6M - congrats for the better score but
shame on you by not beeing a part of the livescore game.

Special thanks to Philippe for leting us use his great station.

We Love This Game

73 Dave 9A1UN