[3830] CQWW SSB N8GLS SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8gls@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N8GLS SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 05:51:30 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: N8GLS
Operator(s): N8GLS
Station: N8GLS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:   71    16       40
   20:  237    20       69
   15:  127    17       48
   10:    3     1        3
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

The Good: Scored better than last yr & exceeded my 400 Q goal (just).
          Zero issues with hardware/computer/antenna/radio/software...WooHoo !!
          Really enjoyed this yr's contest, this old fart had a blast!
          It seemed the weaker the station the better chance I had to work
them!
          Lots of great operators !!

The Bad:  S9+20 doesn't mean they hear you !! (see time wasted below).
          (1) Dupe, (1) Q mis-logged (that I know of...hi hi).
          NO 160m antenna, Poor 80m dipole.
          10m (again) was dead to me.
          Too many Run stations take forever (if ever) to ID, not everyone...
          ...is in the Assisted category !! (see wasted time below).

The Ugly: Too much time wasted trying to work unworkable stations.
          S&P Q's naturally run out as eventually you work most everyone
(duh).
          Not having my Extra severely affected my score (double duh).
          Next time RUN, even if only when S&P rate drops off the earth.

Thanks to all, especially those that had a hard time pulling me out of the
congestion but kept on trying, they could have just reverted to "CQ
Contest".

73 de Brad, N8GLS