[3830] SS CW VE9AA SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VE9AA SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2019 17:34:08 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 4:51
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  13
   40:  22
   20:  46
   15:   2
   10:
------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Decided to try something a little different this year and go for the 83/83
thing.
It's not as easy as it sounds, but this year I went assisted to help me out,
whereas in the past when I've done it, I've usually been LP and non-assisted and
it pretty much takes all weekend.

I must say, the first 70-72 came pretty fast....click/call, click/call...bing
bang boom.< 2 hours.  The next 7 or 8 took me 2 hours and the last 2 took me
2 hours.

It was nearly impossible to get Utah.  I heard 3 different UT's but they were
all S&P.  The only workable guy wasn't overly loud....but a SOLID 529 on
both 40 & 80.  Poor NR7T seemed to be having a real time hearing anyone
except stations very close to him.  A number of times he said
"QRN"....So when I finally got him on a nice peak I was beside myself,
having chased him off and on all evening.

I heard VE4VT and VE4GV  S&Ping all over the place, but couldn't find one of
them CQing until Sunday, early afternoon.  VE4VT was going slower than
usual....(not sure what that was about) and so many were calling....even during
times when Ed was sending, it took me a long time to get through.  Might have
been easier with VE4GV who was clipping right along, but he QSY'd or stopped
altogether after every few QSO's.  Kinda made me go "hmmm".  I sure
appreciate those guys getting on!

My sincere appreciate goes out to the great ears of KL7RA, VY1AAA(Gerry),KH6TU,
NP2X and NP4Z who I got all very early on.  Who knew it could be so easy using
the cluster?  I normally am a "turn the big knob" kinda guy, but as I
had other things to do this w/e, I decided to try it.

Thanks !

Mike VE9AA in NB...2xIC7410's + 4 squares in the woods.
N1MM+ worked almost perfectly except it kept reporting VY1CO as a mult, even
though I had already worked Gerry at VY1AAA