[3830] SS CW NC6K SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nc6k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW NC6K SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 03:40:19 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: NC6K
Operator(s): NC6K
Station: NC6K

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   47
   40:  268
   20:  570
   15:   10
   10:
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

The plus side: I think I had my all-time high score, which isn't bad given the
state of the solar cycle. I managed a sweep fairly by early on Sunday, so there
wasn't the last minute rush to try to find ND or ME or ... Conditions on 40 and
20 were quite good most of the weekend, save for the usual QSB at the most
inopportune times. Most remarkably, there was a lot of activity on Sunday
afternoon, which really helped my score.

Negatives: A lot of poor operators, especially those who didn't listen for more
than a second or two before starting a CQ. I had several stations start CQing on
top of weak stations that I was in the middle of working. Many of these poor ops
were old-timers that have been contesting long enough to know better.

I still need to figure out how to isolate my two antennas better - SO2R really
isn't that when I run HP, so it's going to be pseudo-SO2R HP or I am going to
have to bite the bullet and run LP. Once the sunspots come back, that will be a
lot more palatable.

Anyway, this is always one of my favorite contests. My next big one is CQ WW CW
from KL7RA - fingers crossed that condx will be great.

73 de NC6K