[3830] SS CW N4GG SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, halken@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N4GG SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 14:04:55 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 14:20
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    1
   80:  355
   40:  361
   20:  202
   15:   27
   10:    0
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

As has become my habit, I couldn't decide how much I wanted to do a full time
effort this year, but outside commitments made the decision for me.  A planned
Saturday eve dinner took me out out of the chair for part of the crucial first 8
hours, then Sunday a planned morning breakfast with the family killed the early
morning Sunday run.  This is not how you win.  I worked the last section - VE4 -
7 hours of operating in - a new record for me and a little de-motivational.  I'm
used to scratching for 83 right until the end.  I worked four VE6s, that was
different!
Lots of CQ on one radio and S&P on the other.  At times it was dual S&P
- a lot of stations seem content to endlessly call CQ.  Maybe that's the new
"radio with no knobs" phenomenon?
Anyway, it was fun as always and great to exchange names and "HI" to
old friends who show up every year.  There were a lot of checks earlier than
mine - 61 - and that's good and bad.  Us old timers are still with it, but not
forever.  There were quite a few checks of 00 and newer - great to see that!
Thanks for all the Qs.  My SO2R skills were weak at first - sorry about that!

FTdx5000, FT1000MP, 2 X ACOM 2000A, DXD, WRITELOG, W9XT decoders, Dunestar 600s,
Wires in the woods.

73,
Hal N4GG