[3830] SS CW K7SV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K7SV Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 16:50:02 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K7SV
Operator(s): K7SV
Station: K7SV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  273
   40:  416
   20:  197
   15:   20
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

While some still find SS to be a grind, I'm pleased that most folks have
commented that they enjoyed it, and that's what this stuff is all about! I
thought the bands were fairly good and QRN at a minimum. I added 20 ft of tower
and replaced the A3s with monoband yagis on 20 and 15. Interestingly, I did a
bit better last year. I'll need to compare others scores with last year to get a
better feel for things. My strategy and operating may well have played into that
as well! The sweep came fairly easily. When I went to bed Sunday morning I
needed NE, WCF and MB. I worked a station who was in NE last year, but this year
he was in SD. KV0I has been a recent regular in the CWTs. I was hoping he'd do
SS and he was. I heard N5AN S&Ping Sat but couldn't snag him. Found him
running Sunday. Finally I heard VE4VT S&Ping Sat and Sun but couldn't snag
him. A little later VE4GV was running and went into the log easily. A short time
later I found VE4VT running and he went into the log as well. We're sure going
to miss VY1AAA! The past two years he has been really loud on 20 and 40. I
worked VY1CO Friday but didn't hear him or any other YT stations other than AAA
during the contest. Thanks to all for the Qs and the fun!