[3830] SS CW W0ZP Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W0ZP Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 00:45:38 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W0ZP
Operator(s): W0ZP
Station: W0ZP

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:
   80:  201
   40:  206
   20:   22
   15:    1
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Very fun to work so many new and old cw friends.cw is music to me. Ok here's the
skinny, since moving to Indiana and finding a yard with a two acre yard out back
I build these wire antennas and then tear them down after testing them to see
how they play. I'm on my 4th antenna which I must describe.      The Vertical:
Vert element is an inverted L - vertical portion is about 33 feet and horizontal
part of the L is about 120 feet long. The ground plane: 24 raised radials/above
ground : 6 ft high, so I can mow ,lol. 6 radials (1/4 wave)- per band
160-20m,(24 total). The feed: 450 ohm ladderline: and an old Dentron tuner: does
it work? Yes results are better than expected , plenty of dx on 160,80,40, on 20
it works but it ain't a screamer and truthfully, never thought it would, being
so long.  Contests like Arrl ss are perfect for testing ants like this. At mid
night I had a revelation -upon noticing that stations to the west weren't
hearing me well, it dawned on me that I had forgotten to install all the radials
on the SW to NW portion, (do I even need to tell you that I was out in the cloud
covered moonlight adding them?)   It actually helped! Long story short is- this
is a good antenna! And by the way, cost me about 80 bucks for all the copper
wire ( Romex 14/3 wg stripped open)  .095 inch diameter weed eater line does
hold wires up for about 5 years usually, I know, I know, but if ya want to get
on, and budget is an issue it is cheap 73 Wayne