[3830] WAE RTTY W4WWQ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4wwq@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY W4WWQ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 06:07:20 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: W4WWQ
Operator(s): W4WWQ
Station: W4WWQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.1

   80:
   40:   36   36    0     51
   20:   65   65    0     70
   15:    4    4    0      8
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  105  105    0    129  Total Score = 13,545

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Seems like ever since I moved up to N1MM+ I have nothing but problems
configuring all the software to work as intended.  I have never figured out how
to save a total configuration of everything once I get it working.  I would get
ERR KEY a few times and it took a long time to figure out what/why.  Turns out I
have to invert the CW line from COMM 6 which is the CW KEY line.  If it is set
that way as the K3 boots up, there is the ERR KEY.  Never had issue before I
guess because the K3 is running and then the N1MM+ software is started. With all
the issues, I reloaded MMTTY to start over.  Well this caused the AFC to be
enabled.  Every time I set the MARK freq to 2125 it would just drift lower in
freq.  Also, after using my K3 for ~8 years, the K3 took off scanning down and
out of the band.  It didn't stop with what I thought should stop it.  I think it
quit after many power cycles.  Had to read up on SCAN in Fred's book to get
educated.  I guess I must have hit the FREQ ENT button to start the crazy
operation.  I didn't think I had lost all my marbles, but trying to operate this
year has been a challenge in just getting all the different pieces to work
together.  I think it would be better to have a different set up (computer and
rig) for each mode.  And I don't understand why only the noisy signals from
Europe wanted to swap QTC.  Needing repeats makes you have to work for the extra
points.  Maybe I will try QTS another year when my configuration stops moving.