[3830] SS SSB K1OU SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K1OU SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 23:13:15 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: K1OU
Operator(s): K1OU
Station: K1OU

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
  160:
   80:  410
   40:  364
   20:   64
   15:    6
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

This was THE absolute hardest I have ever had to work in this contest. Abysmal
conditions that sounded like the middle of summer, combined with weak signals
and people who think that sounding like talking through a roll of toilet paper,
having CB echo, and mics and compression turned up to eleven somehow is
effective. I was actually embarrassed for some people.

As for the results, I was satisfied with the upgrades I made to the station this
fall. It is obvious, however, that a less than legal limit amp with some
headroom is not the best route. Also, time to look at some receive antennas.

I did get the sweep for the first time in four years, however, when VE7ZR called
at 2014, and my best move was going to 75 early after a very slow start. See you
next year!