[3830] SS SSB K0VXU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K0VXU Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 02:54:49 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 17:19

------------
  160:
   80:  337
   40:  252
   20:  426
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

K3, TL922A, JK MidTri-40, 80 meter sloping Vee, N1MM+

Limited by personal affairs but got in 17 hours mostly on Sunday as it was my
birthday and the XYL felt I should get priority.

Missed PR in my limited campaign.  I had 81 mults after 7 hours but couldn't
seem to coax out VI or PR. Then late in the test on 40 metes I found KP2M.

My off times generally were during the peak hours when conditions are good so I
missed out on some good runs.  Most of my operation was running and it seemed a
lot easier to do with the JK antenna.  The surprise was 80 meters. I worked
several mults on 80 late Saturday to include VO1MP in NL.

Jerry (W1VE from VY1AAA) was on 20 just before the contest started and was easy
to pick off early in test.

Conditions turned sour here around 2100Z and 20 was not very productive.  40
meters seemed better but still not up to par.  Signal on 40 late in test were
down near the noise level.

However, it was great to run into some many familiar callsigns throughout the
contest.

All in all it was a fun contest even though I didn't get the sweep.  Thanks to
all who provided a QSO and were patient with me as I struggled with noise, QRM,
and a footswitch that wanted to walk around the floor.

Hope to see you all next year.

73,
Russ - K0VXU