[3830] SS SSB NR4O Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nr4o@att.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NR4O Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 03:39:51 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): NR4O
Station: NR4O

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC - FM05
Operating Time (hrs): 16
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  263
   40:  296
   20:   79
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well that turned out better than I thought it was going too.  Couldn't get a
full time effort in with out of town family visiting.  Operated the first 8
hours and last 8 hours of the contest.  Decided to go the unassisted route this
year.  Definitely did not do well on the mults with only 73 sections.  I missed
5 Canadian sections, ND, VI, WTX, EWA, and UT. Thanks to KL7SB who called me on
40M Sunday evening for AK. Couldn't bust through his pileup Saturday afternoon
on 20M.  Did too much S&P on Saturday.  Got a run going on 80M before I had
to pull the plug at midnight so our guests could get some sleep.  My 20M
performance was awful again.  I just can't seem to compete there on phone.  I
suspect that it was caused me to miss all those mults. I was pretty happy being
able to get some good runs going 80M and 40M.  Worked a bunch of stations up and
down the east coast.  Worked quite a few PVRC members.  80M Saturday evening was
really noisy with some pretty impressive static crashes with lots of wind from a
passing weather front.  The static wasn't as bad on Sunday.  The final outcome
didn't match my 2018 score.  I was 100 Q's and 8 mults short of matching that
score.  But, I operated fewer hours.  All things considered it was a reasonable
outcome.  Thanks for all the Q's.

73, Eric - NR4O