[3830] SS SSB K4HQK Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jwfuller@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K4HQK Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 14:17:33 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Alexandria, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 13.0

------------
  160:
   80:   90
   40:   77
   20:   41
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

As with the SS CW contest two weeks ago, my approach was a leisurely, enjoyable
chase of sections, knowing I couldn't possibly work every station I heard. My
not-so-high power (500w), low-altitude dipoles and a vertical just do not permit
of competitive contesting. Of course I also enjoyed saying "hi" to
friends from PVRC and the CW Operators Club.

Band conditions seemed better on 40m and especially 20m compared with other
recent contests. The 15m band, however, was never awake when I checked, unlike
its brief appearance during SS CW.

Once again Canadians were in short supply, including an astonishing absence of
VE2 and VE7 (at my receiver, at least). Never heard even one! I did work NL,
MAR, MB, SK, AB and even NT--plus everything in or near Ontario.

Stateside, I never even heard NNY, PR, WTX, NM, LAX (!), ORG, SB, PAC, or ND. I
did hear but failed to QSO stations in WY and AK.

And so, I ended up with 70 sections by way of 208 QSOs in the log.

73, John K4HQK / Alexandria, VA