[3830] SS SSB N4OO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, na4bw@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N4OO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 00:20:08 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: N4OO
Operator(s): N4OO
Station: N4OO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  478
   40:  489
   20:   55
   15:   48
   10:
------------

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

The score this year is within a few q's of last year.

The band breakout is vastly different though. 80 last year was superlative from
here, but this year there was just enough QRN from a storm off the coast of
Georgia Saturday night to make it less productive. I don't think I have ever
made more q's on Sunday than I have made before taking a nap break Sunday
morning but that happened this year.

Wires and LP will not hold a freq on 20m for me in SS and I got pushed all over
the place on that band. Glad for the brief opportunity on 15 with big easy
signals if only for a little while.

80 returned to its fine self on Sunday evening and was able to recover somewhat
there.

Went above 3800 (why right??) to see if there was anything left and ran into a
PF who dialed down to my freq and said he was "IN QSO' 2 khz up. I dialed
up 2 khz and asked if the freq was in use and he came back and said it was - I
said nobody is talking and he said his buddy went to the bathroom. OK - so let's
get him in the log for this effort right? Well once I asked for his 1st year of
license he said if I wanted that I would have to check qrz.com. He said he felt
'so stressed' that someone would ask him that on the radio. Well I conveyed a
few more things.... and waited there a minute. His buddy finally reappeared and
said -' You really aren't stressed are you Jim'? You get real weird with me when
you get that way". I guess I won the lottery with that guy- a PF that
easily stresses out - go figure! I guess you had to be there but that was some
good comic relief for a real uphill battle all day on Sunday.

73 N4OO