[3830] SS SSB N0MA Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7ii@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N0MA Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 04:26:20 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: N0MA
Operator(s): W7II N0LNO KC0YGW W0IY KX9Y
Station: N0MA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: IA
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:  136
   40:  514
   20:  174
   15:    9
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

SS is never the same.  This year the last section needed was BC and I never have
known BC to be that rare.  10 and 15 were of no use again.  40m outproduced 20m
by a wide margin for us.
The radio was Flex 6600 and we gave multiFlex a try with two Maestro units.  It
failed badly.  I lost track of the times we rebooted the systems to try and
stabilize the radio parameters.  Profiles for TX and MIC seemed to load
incorrectly at random rendering the Maestros useless.  Latency for the mult
station was delayed at least 1 second and drove us nuts so a K3 was called in to
replace the mult Maestro.  After that it was smooth sailing.  Flex has some
explaining to do.
Thanks for the Qs.
Bill W7ii