[3830] CQWW CW N4XL SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, knason00@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N4XL SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 00:28:26 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: N4XL
Operator(s): N4XL
Station: N4XL

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Radios: SO2R

  160:   68    13       38
   80:  141    15       63
   40:  241    24       90
   20:  493    31      118
   15:  110    21       65
   10:   31    10       21
------------------------------

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Wow! Bands were great! Had 20-160 open at the end. Who said no DX during low
sunspot periods? Propagation around the clock on one band or another. Even 10
opened for a bit.

The new 160 Inv-L worked very well. The others 160 antennas I’ve had in the
past were very poor so I don’t do much operating on that band. That means
I’m not up on propagation variations. This contest I’m guessing though that
others will comment how good the band was, but if they don’t the L did
fantastic. Only 100 watts here and still worked 38 countries and 13 zones. It
did well on 80 too and brought in 63 countries and 15 zones. 65 ft up and 60 ft
horizontal with 40 radials.

Also redid the elevated vertical. It is now at 18 feet and has 10 radials. Will
probably add a couple more on 40. It doesn’t go to the CW portion on 80
though. Will have to figure out something for that to happen.

The JA opening on 20 at the end pushed the score much higher than I had hoped.
Only did 535K in the SSB contest a couple weeks back so goal was 800 q’s and
1,000,000 points. Blew that away. Even beat my 2017 and 2018 scores and we are
further into the bottom of the cycle. Can’t compete with the 1 land people
though. As usual, heard them working EU for an hour before and after we had
propagation here. Same with JA on Saturday. Never heard them here.

Finally started to get the hang of SO2R on Sunday afternoon. Only worked 15 or
20 using the second radio though because there were always unworked stations in
the band map to keep my attention. Couldn’t get rate when trying to run so did
almost exclusively S&P. Best rate was 80/hr spinning the VFO and using
point-and-click.

Thanks for all the q’s.

Kevan
N4XL