[3830] CQWW CW KA9FOX SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka9fox@qth.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KA9FOX SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 01:02:38 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: KA9FOX
Operator(s): KA9FOX
Station: KA9FOX

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   57    13       37
   80:  123    21       65
   40:  160    25       83
   20:  263    31      125
   15:   75    18       48
   10:   20     8       18
------------------------------
Total:  698   116      376  Total Score = 921,516

Club:

Comments:

Just got back from a trip overseas, and found my ProSisTel rotor AGAIN has a bad
pot, which keeps happening because of the flawed design allowing water in). With
the antenna stuck South, and being so far behind in work from being gone, the
plan for this weekend was to simply work some of my friends that were on Contest
Expeditions and focus on catching up on my PC.

Right before the start of the contest, I figured out how to get the rotor to
turn, but without indication (so daytime changes only, so I could physically see
the antennas, making sure it did not rip the rotor loop by overturning)

The plan was still to work a few friends and that's it! And the contest started
that way. However, at some point, I realized conditions were really good and I
was just having too much fun, picking off spots from the cluster. 98% of
contacts were S&P/cluster picks. Tried a few runs, but never netted much.

Overall, some of the best fun I've had on the air in a long, long time!

Thanks for the Q's!

73 - Scott KA9FOX

Rig: Yaesu FT-1000MP
Amp: Ameritron AL-1200