[3830] CQWW CW VA1RST SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, burch.craft@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VA1RST SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 01:08:50 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VA1RST
Operator(s): VA1RST
Station: VA1RST

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Nova Scotia
Operating Time (hrs): 20.25

  160:  121    10       32
   80:  115    12       45
   40:  138    16       48
   20:  109    11       38
   15:   70    16       36
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to all for the personal efforts made to take part in this event!
The goal was to better my 2018 score 68,251 and to make over 100 QSO's on all
bands operated.
Results, the score was surpassed by a lot and I had over 100 Q's on 160, 80, 40,
and 20, came up short on 15.
Overall very pleased with some antenna and station changes, a new 160 antenna,
the K2AV FCP (worked very well!) relocated the SAL-20, works now as advertised.
I added more radials to my SteppIR Big vertical for 40 and it responded nicely.
The 2el SteppIR yagi on a modest MA-40 took care of 20 and 15, though my rotor
mechanical connection failed so the antenna was set by hand and tied off!!!
The station saw the Icom 7300 go away and in its place the Expert Electronics
SunSDR2 Pro driving the Palstar LA-1K amplifier, modified to allow the Canadian
legal CW limit with low drive.
The filtering in the SunSDR is in a word awesome! So much better than the 7300.
The Sun does have a bit of a learning curve, but hey, that's half the fun!!
Next year the goal will be to RUN more and S&P less to target a million
points.
S7P for that many hours is a lot of work!!
Until next time, stay safe and have a good year, 73, Roger VA1RST