[3830] CQWW CW N6RO M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N6RO M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 01:13:39 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): K3EST K7GK N6RO N6WM NA6O WA6O WX5S WD6T
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

  160:  183    18       39
   80:  465    34       96
   40: 1260    37      126
   20:  929    36      134
   15:  326    24       62
   10:   62    11       27
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Not bad for this low point in the cycle, except for Sunday afternoon - ugh!
Another fine team effort, including last minute antenna fixing and tweaking.

By the bands:

160m: Band Capt. WX5S; N6RO, WD6T;  Friday night was great to Carib. and Africa,
but no EU. Not so hot to SA. 56 JA's. Saturday, a few more Carib. and JAs.
Totals way down from last year cuz no EU.

80m: NA6O lead off Friday night after tuning up the 80m quads, worked several
EU. WD6T took over at 06z, piling up good mults, tho the EU stns were hard work.
Dave had good JA run until 15Z, and bagged two LP EUs. Diversity RX was a big
help. Dave started agn on Saturday going until 1130z when the 80m mults were the
best ever. WX5S then took over on 80/160 SO2R, bagging three more mults. This
band exceeded last year's totals by several mults and Qs.

40m: Our usual band Capt. WA6O, ran the whole Friday night, piling up mults and
good JA run. N6RO got on 40 early Sat. afternoon (1 PM!),bagged a dozen VEs and
a few EU. K7GK took over the band at 23z and went the whole Sat. night,
increasing our country total by 40 at the end of the EU opening, then more JAs
and a fruitful LP EU run, and the VU double mult.  RO got on in the last hour,
bagging more EU and 3 more mults.  What a team!

20m: Senior team members K3EST and K6AW manned 20m all weekend using one radio
and two headsets. Had good mults and JAs on Saturday, but Sunday was
disappointing to say the least. Band condx not up to last year, but everything
possible was logged.

15m: N6WM did his usual job of working everything possible under the condx we
have these days. Chris had short openings to EU (five minutes on Sunday), skew
path over SA. Marginal JA openings.

10m: NA6O led off Friday for 2 QSOs. N6RO decided not to do an all-nighter on
160, got up early enough to catch the fine opening to SA and Car., peaking at
19Z. No EU or JA.

So, we had fun, aside from Sunday PM.  Tnx to our IT team (NA6O and N6WM)
keeping the computers and Flex radios going.

Station: two 6600m/PGXL, three K3/old alphas; stacks 40-10. 4SQs on 80 and 160,
two 2L quads on 80. SAL-30.

Thanks for the Qs, I enjoyed celebrating a birthday this weekend on the radio.
See y'all in upcoming winter tests.

N6RO