[3830] CQWW CW N9NB SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9nb@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N9NB SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 02:33:42 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: N9NB
Operator(s): N9NB
Station: N9NB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 41
Radios: SO2R

  160:   56    12       32
   80:  228    20       70
   40:  440    31      103
   20:  712    29       93
   15:  250    21       76
   10:   31    11       17
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Things worked well this weekend, now that I have reverted back to low power. I
continue to marvel at how well this QTH plays. The conditions on 40 meters
during Sunday sunrise were quite incredible, as signals from throughout the
world - from all continents- seemed to be equally strong and simultaneously
present from every direction! Can't remember that happening before, but its been
a long time since our last sun spot maximum.

I continued to be amazed at how well the vertical antennas on 80 and 160 work
for breaking pile-ups. It is as if they make up for an amplifier in all 4
directions. Thanks to many who were on the low end of 80 m Sunday morning who
exercised great kindness and patience as I tried to work JA3YBQ at my sunrise
(alas, I just didn't have enough strength at low power to make it through).
Several people stood by for a couple of minutes as we tried to make the QSO -
thanks everyone for your patience on the band! I'm glad others were able to get
through to work him - he was quite strong at the peak.

73, thanks for the QSO's, and hope to see you in the next one.

ted n9nb