[3830] CQWW CW K2PO SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@conwellpdx.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K2PO SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 05:26:07 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K2PO
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:   62    14       23
   80:  305    26       49
   40:  766    35      109
   20:  704    34      103
   15:   59    16       32
   10:    4     3        3
------------------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Fun time.

Propagation to Europe was distinctly lacking up in this corner of the country.
I worked more stations in the US Virgin Islands (6) than I did England (5).  Or
Germany (5).

The top country in the log here, of course, was Japan, with 964 of my 1900 Qs
(676 unique calls).  Next was Canada (158), and then (wait for it)...

A few of the Japanese operators still practice the art of hand-keying, some
rather distinctively.

My skimmer picked up several phantom 10m spots - 2d harmonics of big guns
transmitting on 20m, which caught some airplane scatter or the like.

I tried, just now, to download the daily archive of worldwide skimmer spots from
reversebeacon.net, to tally how many thousand spots my skimmer picked out of the
ether.  But the website is down - a first in my experience.  Spots seem to have
been timely distributed throughout the contest, but perhaps the stress took a
toll on the human support system somewhere.

... Back to the rankings - in third place was the US (132 QSOs), and in fourth
place was China (55)!

Thanks to all for the QSOs, and to the contest organizers for sponsoring and
scoring.

73,

/Bill, K2PO
Portland, OR