[3830] CQWW CW VK3MI SOSB40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VK3MI SOSB40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 12:08:46 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VK3MI
Operator(s): VK3MI
Station: VK3MI

Class: SOSB40 LP
QTH: VK3
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:
   80:
   40: 1095    29       91
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1095    29       91  Total Score = 386,520

Club: astern and Mountain Districts Radio Club

Comments:

This year I decided to have a go at beating my previous personal best score in
the 40M LP unassisted category that I achieved in the 2017 contest.  The small
city townhouse QTH that we are currently renting has no room for decent antennas
and has too much man-made RF noise so I booked a rural farm stay property for
the contest weekend. I temporarily hauled up two dipole antennas between the
trees on the property at a height of around 20 metres – one was orientated for
working Europe and the other for North America.  I was pleased to find that the
time and effort of setting up at this remote location seems to have been
worthwhile as my raw score is almost 50% greater than the 2017 result.

Conditions on 40M were difficult due to severe lightning QRN from storms across
Australia on both nights. It was often only possible to copy one or two letters
of a call sign between lightning crashes, so I frequently ended up having to ask
for multiple repeats of the call sign information. Thanks to everyone for the
QSOs and being patient while I was deciphering information through the QRN.

Radio: Flex-6400 100W
Antennas: Two dipoles @ 20m AGL