[3830] CQWW CW YP8T(YO8TTT) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sashayo8ttt@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW YP8T(YO8TTT) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 16:31:08 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: YP8T
Operator(s): YO8TTT
Station: YO8KGA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Suceava
Operating Time (hrs): 46:01
Radios: SO2R

  160:  219     8       42
   80: 1247    21       69
   40: 1709    33      115
   20: 1646    35      105
   15:  337    30       91
   10:    6     3        4
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

This was my first time serious SO2R operation. I decided two weeks ago to
operate HP and that thing costs me too much work and energy on station work and
field. Somehow I managed to set up the station in time before the contest, but I
would not do anymore that hardcore again. Anyway, I have no regrets at all.

Claimed 3 new YO records: new higher score in SOAB, new higher rate and broke
the 5k q's barrier.

Score could have be higher but I focused mainly on dual run and I lost many
mults. Bad condx in 15 to NA, only 2 stations worked in Sunday. 10 meters was
almost non-existent as I expected. Good condx and activity insted in 80-40-20.
Sorry for those who called and I didnt answered in 80/160, too much noise
because location is in the middle of city and no any RX ants.

Setup:

2 x Elecraft K3 + P3
2 x ACOM 2000A
2 sets LP BPFs
HP BPFs by 4O3A
Antenna Genius 8x2 by 4O3A
40-10 Quadroplexer by RA6LBS
Ants: Optibeam 17/4 for 40-10, horizontal delta loop for 80, dipole for 160

Special thanks goes to:

YO9WF for his K3 + P3 and and power supply, LP BPFs and one ACOM 2000A (drove
more than 1000 km to pick up his equipments)
YO8CLN who helped me with second ACOM 2000A and HP BPFs
YO8RNI for 40-10 quadroplexer
S55M and LZ5DB for 2 x band decoders made by Vel K3JO.
I would like to thank to all local hams who helped me to set and fix the setup
and 160/80 antennas. Gud job guys!
Final thanks goes to Mladen YT6W who inspired me. He gave me a lot of advices,
motivation and share with me his soab & so2r operations. Respect man!

I dedicated this  contest in memory of YO8SS who passed away last month.

73's Alex YO8TTT