[3830] CQWW CW K5KG M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, giwagner@k5kg.com, FCG@groups.io
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K5KG M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 20:51:57 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG K4EU K4LQ K4NMR K8MR KW1K
Station: K5KG

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 46:03

  160:  111    17       57
   80:  338    24       89
   40:  854    32      124
   20: 1245    34      133
   15:  332    25       86
   10:   54    12       20
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Another excellent effort by a terrific team - K4EU K4LQ K4NMR K8MR KW1K.  This
year's score was a 9.5% improvement over last year's contest by a somewhat
different K5KG team of KW1K, K9HXO, K9ES, and W2LK. Les, W2LK couldn't join us
this year, as he was on the beach and kicking butt at VP5M!

I generally agree with other soapbox comments that condx, although good this
weekend, were much better on Saturday than Sunday.  40m was especially
disappointing on Sunday evening, as it didn't offer up a large run of Europeans
that we normally expect. On the other hand, low bands were nicely productive
both nights, and 20m surprised us with a good run of JAs during the final few
hours. A newly installed DXE 24' Rx vertical helped overcome some bothersome low
band noise.

We did not have any equipment problems.  A new set of VA6AM high power Triplexer
and bandpass filters feeding a triband yagi performed well, as expected.  This
allowed us to have our two stations on combinations of 20m, 15m and 10m
simultaneously, and no doubt contributed to an improved score over last year.
The two stations were K3's, one with a KPA1500, and the other a KPA500.
Antennas: WU2X Tribander @ 60', 2el 40 @ 75', 80m inv vee, 160m inv L, DXE Rx
vertical. Being situated here on the FL west coast on a salt water canal doesn't
hurt!

Thanks to everyone for a great contest.

73, George Wagner, K5KG