[3830] CQWW CW KH7B(K4XS) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KH7B(K4XS) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 09:53:38 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: KH7B
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: KH7XS

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: KH6
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:  323    18       20
   80:  561    29       58
   40: 1258    36      110
   20: 1613    38       95
   15:  889    29       72
   10:  142    18       24
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Due to its far away location Hawaii yields almost all 3 pointers, so the object
is to balance off the perpetually low mult total.  At this point in the cycle
the vast goldmine of country mults Europe offers is impossible to to realize.
Two EU stations on 15, and 26 EU on 20.  In fact I worked almost as many EU on
80 as I did on 20...that's how  bad it was.

Murphy struck before the contest...power went out but came back in time for the
contest.  However I was not so lucky later,.  On the first day I was sweeping 10
during the short opening, getting some good mults from the US, Carib and SA when
the power went out.   Only a minute but I had to restart the computer(UPS
battery went bad), amp etc and lost about ten minutes.  Same thing happened
during a great run on 40.  I did paper logging while that was going on and had
to enter all the Q's by hand....lots of fun.

This probably will be the last contest from out here since the sale of the
station is pretty solid.  It's been a great three years and the station has
performed better than my wildest dreams.  Thanks for all the Q's over that time.
 K4XS will eventually be active again but right now I need to be back in FL to
take care of stuff.

I won't say who the new owner is, but he is an experienced contester who is very
qualified to "run 'em".

Aloha!  X-ray Sugar