[3830] CQWW CW W1PY SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, westcoastbayou@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W1PY SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 20:10:38 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W1PY
Operator(s): W1PY
Station: W1PY

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: WMA
Operating Time (hrs): 19
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:  126    14       57
   40:  371    25      105
   20:  463    31      119
   15:  116    22       70
   10:    9     5        7
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I had hoped to make this a full effort, but work and life had other plans.  I
look forward to the day that I can no longer open my 3830 comment with an
excuse.  I'll get there.

I turned the part-time effort into an opportunity to really focus on putting
SO2R in practice.  This was the first major contest since reconfiguring the
station including a new switching matrix and trying a new equipment bonding
strategy to help eliminate the many issues I was having with SO2R in the past.
It worked like a charm and with those frustrations removed from the equation, I
was able to focus on operating technique.  What a lot of fun!

New antennas worked great.  I felt loud on 20 and 15, even with low power.
Tougher on 40 and 80.  I could certainly hear much better than I was heard, but
I guess that's better than the opposite.

There are more improvements, both station and operator, but I'm having fun and
continue to improve.

Thanks for all the contacts and looking forward to the next one.

Station:
K3 x 2
F12 C31XR @ 60ft
40-2CD @ 65ft