[3830] CQWW CW 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tomgeorgens15@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 13:43:16 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: 8P5A
Operator(s): W2SC
Station: 8P5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Barbados
Operating Time (hrs): 47
Radios: SO2R

  160:  480    17       59
   80: 1315    24       94
   40: 2011    33      106
   20: 2466    32      115
   15: 1998    27      109
   10:  409    16       25
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Eventful week leading up to the contest with island-wide power outages the first
two days we were there.  Upon return of the power, we were without water at our
apartment for two days, and only a trickle the rest of the week.   The station
is a mile away and had water, but it does not have a shower, or a water heater.
Used the hose for cold showers.

Station set up was very smooth with minimal issues.  Spent most of the week
working on finding potential alternate station locations as the ownership of the
current location is in flux.

Lowband conditions the first night were incredible, probably the best I have
heard in a WW from 8P.  Would have been content to just operate 80 or 160 all
weekend.  A 10 meter opening on Saturday was a nice surprise.  Sunday had
similarly loud signals on 10, but few callers.

Had an amp fail on Saturday morning for no apparent reason.  No station fault,
smoke or noise.  Swapped in a spare and was back in 15 minutes.  Everything else
worked great.

Was hoping for 9000 Q's, but fell short.  On the other hand, the mults kept
calling in.  Thanks for all the expeditions to put lots of countries on the
air.

Congratulations to Jose (D4C) for leading the way and to Chris (TI7W) for a
simply amazing 11K QSO's.  Absolutely brilliant performances that inspire us
all.

Thanks to the committee for a great contest and to my wife Kathleen for all of
her support, in less than ideal living conditions.

73, Tom W2SC

QSL via LoTW or HA1AG