[3830] CQWW CW V55A(ZR2A) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW V55A(ZR2A) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 13:41:36 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: V55A
Operator(s): ZR2A
Station: V55A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 45.5

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   22    13       19
   40: 1449    26       84
   20: 1373    26       89
   15: 2042    29      110
   10:  515    14       62
------------------------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Second contest from V5 after the SSB leg last month. A strike by staff of South
African Airways luckily ended just before I was to fly to Windhoek.

I enjoyed the pile-ups even though they were difficult at times with everyone
calling within 200Hz at the same signal strength, especially on 40m but also on
20 and sometimes 15. Smart people calling higher or lower got through much
quicker. 10m provided only 500 QSOs (was 1000 in the SSB part) and 15m was also
down by 500 QSOs. Overall same QSO number and very similar score compared to
four weeks ago. Lots of QRM again on 80m, therefore only S&P on a few
stations that I could hear.

It was very hot in the shack as the sun is at 90 degrees at midday this time of
the year. I drank 10 liters of water during the contest without even noticing
that it was that much.

Big thanks to my hosts V51Q and V51JP for allowing me to use the station and for
the support in the lead-up to the contest.

73! Uli ZR2A