[3830] CQWW CW PJ2T M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PJ2T M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 14:11:17 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): KB7Q K9DR N7WA VE3CX N5OT KY7M N7IR W0CG NA2U
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Curacao
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   571    19       63
   80:  2226    33      115
   40:  3627    38      146
   20:  3539    36      143
   15:  2646    30      126
   10:   514    17       37
-------------------------------

Club: CCC

Comments:

Apologies for the delayed posting, but over the years we have lost three CQWW
World #1 plaques to last minute category swappers.

We’re extremely proud to post this score. We had a top world class operator
team, the station was in excellent condition, major Murphy incidents stayed away
(Minor ones did not.), and we exceeded our own expectations.

We’re a “Multi/Multi Lite.” PJ2T was originally designed as a Multi/Single
station, but over time we’ve succumbed to the temptation to get ever more
“stuff.” That said, we presently have only four stations and no dedicated
multiplier hunting hardware. 160 and 15 share a radio, as do 80 and 10. Even so
we attained a score that surprised even us.

Congratulations to our competitors in Zone 33 and thereabouts for their
phenomenal successes. Time has proven that that’s the best location from which
to win CQWW, but doing so still requires lots of hardware and software and
logistics work and skilled operators, and those guys did a great job. Congrats
also to PJ4K as they continue to resurrect the WA3LRO site, a fantastic,
unparalleled radio location. In M/2 they bested us in mults, indicating that we
still have work to do here.

We had more fun this weekend that you could imagine because the station was in
such great shape. N7IR put in hundreds of hours over the past year home-brewing
common mode chokes and bandpass filters, and fabbing new quality cabling in
order to clean up our RX antenna system. This weekend was the first test of
Gary’s work. It was a rousing success except for a problem discovered after
the contest. The 160 RX bandpass filter was found to have a broken solder
connection inside. As a result, Gary was not hearing all that he should on 160
for part of the weekend, and he asked me to apologize here for all of the calls
that he missed. This did not help our score on 160, which is normally better
than we posted. Things happen. Otherwise the RX system rebuild netted very quiet
RX antennas and zero interstation garbage. Also, major construction adjacent to
the PJ2T site in June completely wiped out our US/JA Beverage and cabling,
forcing us to find a new location for our RX antennas that would be immune to
bulldozers. I worked very hard for most of the first two weeks of November
installing a new US/JA Beverage and an RX antenna cabling system that will
support future receive antenna innovations here that will be safe from the
construction. We also benefited this weekend from the new Heliax runs I
installed to several of our antennas which had become compromised and/or inop
with their old RG-213.

Thanks as always to our contest leader Gene Shea, KB7Q. Gene handled the
operating schedule, set up the computers and software, cheered on the team,
troubleshot the log where needed, and handled the log submission duties. We were
thrilled to welcome back veteran PJ2T ops N5OT (CCC’s president), KY7M, of
course N7IR, VE3CX, and NA2U. Filling out the team were Mike Dinkelman (N7WA) on
his second trip here, and newcomer Dan Roberts (K9DR). Dan signed up at the last
minute when we lost two of our veteran ops to medical problems. K2PLF is in our
thoughts, and we hope Marty can return for ARRL DX CW. N0YY had tee shirts made
for the team and then got co-opted by doctors. Giant thanks to Rick for the gift
of our shirts. We’re hoping that Rick can also rejoin us in February. This was
a top notch team who used the hardware here to absolutely full advantage. As I
said above, we are very proud of this past weekend’s effort.

One million. Such a big number. We made our millionth PJ2T LoTW QSO this
weekend. Alex Murashkin, UT3V, was QSO number 1,000,000 at 0942Z on Saturday
morning, 14.039. In total we have many over a million PJ2T contacts, but this
Logbook of the World Milestone is really notable.

PJ2T has just begun our 20th year of operation. In all that time we have only
missed one major contest, and now have over a million QSOs in LoTW. This
sustained effort has been possible only with a good organizational model and the
support of many, many members and guest operators over these two decades. We
hope to continue for years to come, and look forward to next year’s CQWW CW
operation, the 20th anniversary contest from Signal Point. I thank everyone
involved, past and present, for all that you have done for this place, and I
hope we made you proud this weekend.

73 for the entire CCC club group,

          - Geoff, W0CG/PJ2DX