[3830] ARRL 160 N9SE Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9se@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N9SE Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 08:07:57 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: N9SE
Operator(s): N9SE
Station: N9SE

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Total:  QSOs = 733  Sections = 71  Countries = 10  Total Score = 121,176

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I always enjoy this contest. This year, antenna work fell be hind schedule.
Consequently, my plans to shunt feed my tower and install rx antennas were
waylaid, so I used the old tru sty inverted L. I am still waiting for the first
shipment of Elecraft K4s to hit the street, so I used the (old trusty) Omni VI+
at 5 watts. Not having a band scope feels like usin g stone knives and bearskins
nowadays! A decent smattering o f DX was worked, but the west coast proved
difficult, as usu al with 5 watts on top band from this QTH. I hung in there m
ost of Friday night and finished with just over 400 Qs aroun d 5AM (I missed
local sunrise both days). At the end of the first round I was sure I had set my
goal of 700 too high, bu t Saturday night was more productive than I expected.
Eventu ally, my rate dwindled to single digits and I had worked eve ryone I
could find who could hear me, so I finally threw in the towel around 2:30AM
Sunday monring.