[3830] ARRL 160 W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, egan.dennis88@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 14:17:16 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ema
Operating Time (hrs): 27

Total:  QSOs = 1526  Sections = 79  Countries = 53  Total Score = 545,424

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

First day was great- had 1000 Qs in the log at 0744Z, but second day was a slow
dance, with about 400 Qs in 13 hours of operation.  I pulled the plug the second
night at 0745Z, as I nodded off at the radio for the third time.

Only W section missed was WTX.  Missed 3 VE sections: NT (of course), SK, and
BC.
Worked AK twice but never heard a BC!

Best DX- as far east as RD8D, as far south as CX6VM, and as far west as KH6TU.
No sniff of a ZL or VK.

Still, a very enjoyable contest.  Wound up with 360 5-point QSOs.  Was neck and
neck with AA1K after I started scoreboard watching; he pulled to within 12K of
me at one point, then I lucked out and had 6 mults call me while I was running
(tks NE, SJV, WY,CU, TF, and EA6!).  While he had more Qs, I had more mults and
more 5 point QSOs.  Still, watching the live scoreboard kept me motivated and my
butt in the chair!  Thanks Jon!

Thanks to Greg W1KM for the use of his great station.

Dennis W1UE