[3830] ARRL 160 VE6WZ SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve6wz@shaw.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VE6WZ SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 17:19:36 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: VE6WZ
Operator(s): VE6WZ
Station: VE6WZ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Sundre
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 1319  Sections = 83  Countries = 52  Total Score = 425,442

Club:

Comments:

Flex 6000, Acom 2000a, 2 el TX array and multiple RX.

This is my first time at ARRL 160.  I must confess, I miss the DX activity like
we get in CQWW.  The band was in good shape into EU, but not a lot of callers,
and OC was scarce. However, NA conditions were great....I had a clean sweep of
all 83 sections by Friday night.

My remote station is a challenge to operate a contest like this.

I am not "a boy and his radio",  I am "a boy and his PC".  I
use the Flex 6600 with the PC software on one monitor, and the remote station PC
is on the other monitor where I log with N1MM and control the station.
I always use diversity RX with my 9 circle array in one ear, and the Beverages
in the other. Each has 8 compass directions and each are controlled with a
clickable rotor compass dial on the PC.  SO...to change directions I need to
click the 9 circle, then click the Beverage selector, and then click the TX
array direction, then get the cursor back to N1MM to log. Often I would be RX in
multiple directions in each ear which was handy, but boy....Im pretty sure I'm
developing carpel tunnel syndrome from using that mouse!  During the morning run
was really crazy...JA, OC, NA polar and EU all possible signal arrivals!

EU-25, NA-16, AS-5, SA-3, OC-2, AF-1.

Thanks to all who called me, and heard me.

de steve ve6wz