[3830] ARRL 160 KI0I Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KI0I Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 18:38:20 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: KI0I
Operator(s): KI0I
Station: KI0I

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 16

Total:  QSOs = 767  Sections = 81  Countries = 25  Total Score = 167,272

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

Some Top Band surprises this weekend,EU1WW was gud copy before sunset in MO on
Friday. Friday nite was awesome activity and a very crowded band.A friend sent
me a shot of his bandscope and it was loaded all the way from 1800 to 1880 with
streams of CW. Saturday a little before noon central time I turned on the radio
to check some tuning and to my shock there were stations in 8 and 9 land making
q`s! And I heard a VE3 quite loud for what I thought would be a dead band.
It was hard to find a hole to run in and almost as hard to hold on to. Nice to
see gud condx and participation.
My station ran without flaw which was nice too! Only error was my key stopped
working but it was a loose RCA connector and a quick push fixed that.
I`d sure like to hear and be heard like RT0F! What a station !
OM2VL was kickin it too.
Many thanks to the guys who hung in there with repeats of info,when u it smack
dab in the middle of the country it`s hard to pick the correct rcv
direction,especially being a "6" call can be in Maine and a
"1" in California HIHI.
A caller Sunday morning got my best effort but I was unable to complete the
callsign , my apology,it`s just some wire stuff I threw together here !
I hope the band plays as well for Stew Perry later,I hope to be there.
Rig:
Icom 7600 , AL-1500, INV L 55` high, single K9AY loop NE and a 200` BOG to NW
N1MM+ and my prize Begali 60th Ann.
I wish all the best for the Holidays , 73 Mark KI0I