[3830] ARRL 160 W7II(@N0MA) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7ii@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W7II(@N0MA) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 19:58:10 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: W7II
Operator(s): W7II W0IY
Station: N0MA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: IA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 305  Sections = 78  Countries = 32  Total Score = 73,500

Club:

Comments:

Finally, a good Topband transmit antenna at our club station.  It is an inverted
L with the apex at 90 feet.
W0IY and I had fun with it this weekend.  The first night was the best night for
DX.  The signals were never that strong but quiet conditions prevailed.  The
next night was not so quiet and signals were generally too weak to copy 100%.
This is the first time I have used diversity receive combining the inverted L
with a Beverage.  Most of the EU stations required diversity to be heard.  I was
able to compare diversity using the K3 and Flex.  Both are quite effective and
simple to use.  I like the K3's independent AF control of the main and sub
receivers.  I don't think that is possible with the Flex.  Overall I like using
the Flex better because the audio is not so harsh and I like the filtering
better.  The big display of the Maestro with embedded spots is a huge advantage
as well.

Missed 5 sections. NE EWA NT NL SK
32 countries in the log.
73,