[3830] ARRL 10 WD6T SO Mixed Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WD6T SO Mixed Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 23:35:48 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: WD6T
Operator(s): WD6T
Station: WD6T

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: Berkeley, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 15

   CW:  107    10
  SSB:   24     5
-------------------
Total:  131    15  Total Score = 7,616

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

10m is a band where my 30' high tribander is almost high enough (well, if you
ignore the fact that I'm looking into a hill to the East.)

The Reverse Beacon Network tells the story of this contest for me. On Friday
night, I was spotted at 50dB at N2IC (and also spotted at K3LR, NC7J, and
KU7T-2.)  All Saturday and Sunday... ZERO skimmer spots!

>From the human point of view, first night was fun following the Es around.
>First
nothing but AZ, then CO, then UT, then ID, etc.  Best "DX" was MO.
Not sure if that's a 2-hop or a long 1-hop.  Went to bed in a good mood.
 Unfortunately, that was not to continue.  Single digit rates and no more Es for
the remainder of the contest.  Saturday got on at 9 AM and it was nothing but a
few CA all day, with the exception of one CE. Heard an LU but couldn't work him.
 Sunday got on at 9 AM and more of the same, except even fewer CAs.  Managed one
more CE. Not even K9YC's spotting me helped.

Very little phone activity audible here. Also, discovered that my IC-7610 SD
Card reader seems to have gone south, so couldn't use DVR for voice CQ.

Total CA = 76, then AZ = 16, CO = 15, UT = 9, ID = 4, WY = 2, CE = 2, and one of
each of NV, MO and MT.

Local big gun stations were working more, but not here in Mudville...mighty WD6T
has struck out.

IC-7610, PW-1, KT34A @ 30 feet