[3830] CWopsT K8BKM LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K8BKM LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 20:15:55 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Dec 26

Call: K8BKM
Operator(s): K8BKM
Station: K8BKM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): :36

------------
  160:
   80:  42
   40:   5
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  47  Mults = 46  Total Score = 2,162

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Very surprised at the activity level at 0300z on Christmas day. Others must have
been Jonesing for some radio time after all the family visits and Christmas
chaos.

I'm really starting to wonder how many ops like me do NOT use a call history
file in the CWTs. I occasionally have to ask for a fill either due to some QSB,
QRM, or just a mental fart. I'm NEVER asked for a fill, making me wonder if
anyone even cares about the name and number part of the exchange. Why do we
exchange this if nobody even logs it? Last night I asked for a fill and the
calling station had already moved on and never responded to my request. That's
just rude. Is this what CWT has come to - rate and score over all else? If so,
that's a shame and I'm losing interest. I use the CWTs to maintain and improve
proficiency and accuracy. If I miss something I ask for a fill. Please, stick
around to complete our exchange - don't just return my call, send your exchange,
log the Q and move on. On another occasion I asked for a name and the running
station reduced their speed from about 35WPM down to about 15WPM. That's rude
too. I only asked once. I didn't ask 3-4 times.

Hoping that the CWT's aren't turning into an unverified all-out contest of speed
and rate at the expense of courtesy and accuracy. I wonder if the FT8ops club
has this same problem?

Tom