[3830] TBDC VE3MGY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC VE3MGY Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 14:49:25 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: VE3MGY
Operator(s): VE3MGY
Station: VE3MGY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 13:40

Total:  QSOs = 552  Total Score = 6,166

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Crikey!! In almost 30 years being on 160 DXing and contesting I have never seen
conditions like this. If you missed it then STOP READING NOW...

I had between 15db and 18db ATT switched in on the vertical to zero it from some
TS in the CONUS - but Europe was still S5 - S7 - all night! I was also running
diversity as well but the vertical was always the absolute best SNR. In fact
some of the beverages weren't even hearing some of the DX that was S5/S7 on the
vertical. Makes me think it was really low angle arrival. But what ever happened
it was profound and long lasting. Even as I type this the west coast of the US (
3500 KM away ) is still pounding in at S9++ 60 min after SR which is not normal
for here - ever. It seemed that the enhanced prop was in every direction from
here as opposed to the usual certain spotlighted areas.

As a result it was a bunch of PB's here in the Stew:
Highest unofficial score
Most Grids worked
Most DX worked
Most DX callers
Most fun ever had - I almost felt like DX at times.

My only complaint is that I shouldn't of taken a nap after EU SR and I should
have S&P'd more but the rate was decent and the DX was calling me for a
change so I was very reluctant to stop - and the times I did the rate plummeted
so back running I went.

I think we will be talking about this weekend for many years to come.

HNY es 73,
Brian
VE3MGY