[3830] TBDC G4PIQ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC G4PIQ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 18:06:52 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: G4PIQ
Operator(s): G4PIQ
Station: G4PIQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JO02od
Operating Time (hrs): 4.75
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 311  Total Score = 1,881

Club:

Comments:

Not a competitive entry from me as we had visitors here this weekend, but I did
manage to sneak in about 4.75 hours operating time in a couple of main stints
– one 1630 – 1830, and the other 0030 – 0315, but with a few short breaks
interspersed in both. I had a new source of strong electrical interference
appear earlier in the year, but happily – whatever was arcing now seems to
have burnt itself out, so my noise level was back to normal!

Conditions seemed pretty good to North America, but I wasn’t hearing as far as
the West Coast while I was QRV – looks like that came later and I’d have
been toast if I’d disturbed the rest of the house to get up for dawn! No JA
heard here either – but again probably had to go QRT a bit early for that.
Best DX for me was only XE2X at 8340 km.

I only have an Inv-V dipole and in Inv-L in the same tree – both quite low at
about 60ft. Usually the dipole was best last night to North America, but I think
the antenna are so close there is a lot of coupling between them. Also had a
K9AY on receive which helped a lot and allowed me to do in-band SO2R quite
effectively.

Wish I'd had more time this weekend..

73

Andy, G4PIQ