[3830] TBDC N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 19:49:14 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 3.7

Total:  QSOs = 290  Total Score = 2,321

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It was a family time is "fun" time weekend (no complaints, had family
dinner party with daughter from CO and my extended family) which put me off the
air from 2220-0224Z. Conditions were incredibly good to EU in the pre EU sunrise
to EU sunrise period especially compared to the past 2 years of 160 tests. I
count 34 EU Q's in the 05Z hour when the band was just golden! That is
definitely an all time best for LP on top band. It was almost shocking to hear
more EU stations than NA CQ'ing between 1810-20 KHz! My score was better doing
S&P then, but I did get quite a few EU answers to CQ's. All week long 80 and
160 rocked; SM5EDX was peaking 20db over 9 two nights prior. Nothing rare was
worked, but worked OH0, multiple OH, UR, and EU Russian stations. Also, the west
coast was coming in well at 05Z, but not as loud as EU.

Thanks for the Q's and a really fun short stint on top band. I really like the
rules in this contest which discourage chasing spots and the no mult, distance
points only scoring. One EU QSO was usually worth more than 10 times a less than
500 KM Q. There is a large population from here within the 500 KM range; ME
would definitely have some scoring advantage as in all other 160 tests.

73 and hoping to work you often in the next decade, Jeff