[3830] TBDC W2GD Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2gd@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W2GD Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 19:59:28 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: W2GD
Operator(s): K2TW N2HM N2OO NY3B W2GD W2NO W2RQ
Station: W2GD

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 13:49

Total:  QSOs = 940  Total Score = 6,252

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Elecraft K3S x 3
OM2000 @ 1.2 KW
Win-Test Software
Two Element Vertical Wire Beam @ 80 meters - aims NE/West/Omni over saltwater
Seven Beverages, Hi-Z Four

Another great contest.  This is the 37th year our 160 CW team has been enjoying
winter contesting on Top Band.

We started hearing EU stations nearly two hours before local sunset.  Activity
seemed to be up again compared to the last BIG STEW and conditions
were roughly average with the hoped for sunrise enhancement in play.  We enjoyed
dry and unseasonably warm winter weather which made outdoor projects (a new west
Beverage insalled) less difficult.  EU signals were never super loud but the
flow was consistent and over 300 rode the fast QSB waves into our log (up from a
250 count last year).

Our longest and very last QSO was VK3IO, a 34 pointer at 16,557 KM. Great way to
finish.

Thanks go to the Boring ARC for continuing to sponsor and manage this contesting
gem and to the owners of WYRS-FM for allowing us to use and enjoy their
wonderful radio location.

Looking forward to the CQ160 CW next month - hope you are too.

73,

John, W2GD
For the 160 CW Team