[3830] TBDC PJ2T(K8ND) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jmaass@k8nd.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC PJ2T(K8ND) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 20:28:37 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): K8ND
Station: PJ2T

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FK52
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 404  Total Score = 3,671

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions were not nearly as good from Curacao as have been reported from the
more Northern latitudes! All signals seemed weak, and the 0400Z and 0500Z hours
provided record-low rates: just 6 and 18 QSOs per hour when the rate should be
soaring, with signals from Europe and North America!

No pileups of Europeans, and only 20 Europeans worked! This is not normal from
Curacao, even during non-contest days. Four calls in Japan logged and their
signals seemed pretty typical. Only three signals heard in South America. Worked
KL7RA.

We have observed that in Topband contests when conditions are good between North
America and Europe, our score from PJ2T suffers. This was different, some sort
of propagation effect. I do hope that it does not occur again for CQWW 160 CW at
the end of January!